Find the query you want to configure
- Open exMon Administrator
- Select the System the query belongs to.
- Open the query in the object explorer’s Tests folder.
- Open the Tasks tab
- Press the sheet of paper icon to create a new task.
- Name the task as you like.
- Set the task type to Email.
- Write in all the recipients (to and cc).
- Write in a descriptive subject line.
- Pick a style template, e.g. Exception Manager Query.
- You have the option to attach an Excel report.
- Save the query.
- Expand the Properties Grid on the right (if not already expanded).
- Set the Query Owner – the user you want to receive Exception Manager emails.
- Click on the magnifying glass with the alarm triangle.
- In the pop up box, check the Enable Exception Manager check box.
- Click on the Email tab and check the Send Emails On New Exceptions check box.
- Optionally, you can also check the Include all open exceptions in exceptions email. That way, all of the exceptions are kept in the database and all open exceptions are sent via email.
- Save to persist changes.
The Preview Pane
- The Preview Pane is used to preview the results, emails that will be sent out and the Exception Manager’s results and emails.
- First when you open it, it will automatically run. The second time you have to click on the magnifying glass Start button.
- You can change the email style template and view it here before sending out actual emails.
Test receiving actual emails
- Open Command Promt
- Write this and press enter:
c:\Expectus\bin\epcmd --query #
- Where # is the ID of the query which can be seen in the bottom left corner in exMon Administrator.
- When running queries through exMon Administrator, all email deliveries are disabled globally.
- Only when queries are run on schedule, through the Web Portal or through Command Line, emails are sent.